Title: After School Club: Advanced Game Design
Location: Hīnātore | Learning Lab, Level 4
Date: Wednesdays, 25 October – 13 December 2017
Cost: $200 (for 8 sessions).
Start learning skills for the computer game industry! Find out how to create your own game features and mechanics, discover creative coding solutions, and collaborate with your friends.
You don’t need coding experience. Just bring a sense of wonder, a love of stories, and a passion for puzzles.
Suitable for intermediate to advanced game makers, ages 9 to 14. Contact us to discuss game makers outside of this age range who are keen to attend at email@example.com.
In these eight sessions you’ll:
- learn how to code features and mechanics from your favourite games
- collaboratively design, develop, and code a game – and you can work from home between sessions if you like
- invent new mini-games inspired by Te Papa’s collections
- use your friends as game testers and troubleshooters
- publish your game and share with friends and family.
This workshop is delivered in collaboration with Gamefroot, a resident of Te Papa's Mahuki innovation incubator.
Bookings essential – sessions cannot be purchased separately. Your ticket(s) will be emailed to you upon purchase.
Early bird discount of 20% applies for bookings up until 15th October. Use this discount code ASCT4 when purchasing your ticket.