Title: After School Club: Game Design
Location: Hīnātore | Learning Lab, Level 4
Date: Tuesdays, 8 August – 26 September 2017
Cost: $200 (for 8 sessions).
Design, develop, collaborate, and code a game in this fun learning adventure. Then play your game online with friends and family!
You don’t need coding experience. Just bring a sense of wonder, a love of stories, and a passion for puzzles.
Suitable for beginner to intermediate game makers, ages 9 to 14. Contact us to discuss game makers outside of this age range who are keen to attend at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In these eight sessions you’ll:
- follow a game industry production process
- identify your favourite games and bits of Te Papa to inspire your new game concept
- collaboratively design, develop, and code a game – and you can work from home between sessions if you like
- use your friends as game testers and troubleshooters
- publish your game and share with friends and family.
This workshop is delivered in collaboration with Gamefroot, a resident of Te Papa's Mahuki innovation incubator.
Bookings essential – sessions cannot be purchased separately. Your ticket(s) will be emailed to you upon purchase.
There is a 20% early bird discount on bookings made before the end of the Term 2 School holidays (Offer expires on Friday 21 July). Use this discount code ASC T3 EB when purchasing your ticket.