When: Thursday 13th July 2017
Where: Hīnātore | Learning Lab, Level 4
Cost: $58. Suitable for ages 6–12. All materials provided. BYO lunch.
Explore different styles of analogue and digital games to design, develop, play, and take home.
You’ll also spend time looking around Te Papa to get inspired by our collections.
- Create collaborative adventure games, puzzle games, trivia games, dice games, or card games.
- Bring in your own games to play and share.
- Learn how to code a game using Scratch, a free online drag-and-drop coding tool.
- Design your own game controller by getting creative with a Makey Makey invention kit.
- Collaborate on creating a giant augmented-reality treasure hunt throughout Te Papa using Android phones (supplied).
These sessions are open to all skill levels. If you came last term, you’ll find plenty more to discover this time round. The flexible design of the programme allows you to come to one or both of these sessions.
Book now – places are limited. Your ticket(s) will be emailed to you upon purchase.